My fishing equipment has always been loyal to me. I’ve never had any major fails or breakage with my Reel, why and how, you ask? That’s because I take good care of it! With some conventional fishing reel grease, maintenance helps!
Do you have problems with prolonged use of your fishing rods? Looking for the right stuff to use to get that reel spinning superbly and smoothly? Maybe you’ve got something you want to try out but want to know about it first? These tips and information should benefit you immensely!
How Can Fishing Reel Grease Help Me With Maintenance?
- The Importance Of Cleaning And Maintenance
- An Easy Yet Rewarding Task
- Ardent Reel Butter Grease
- PENN Reel Grease
- A Part That Demands Care And Attention
The Importance Of Cleaning And Maintenance
It cannot be stressed as much as it is, but to have your fishing gear working in tip-top shape, you’ll have to keep it nice and clean, well maintained, and stored in the proper area.
Remember, the proper cleaning and maintenance ensure that:
- All your gear will work as intended. (sometimes even better than ever)
- Lessens expenses as you won’t need to buy new parts or things.
- Helps you detect problems earlier that may elevate to significant difficulties if not handled urgently.
- It lengthens the life of the tool, part, or paraphernalia by protecting it from unnecessary damage or breaks.
- It extends the life of the tool, part, or apparatus by decreasing the action of corrosion or other natural degeneration.
Sometimes when you think something’s broken or doesn’t move or work correctly, most of the time it’s just a lack of some dusting off or adding a little lube that’s causing the problem. After good fresh sanitation and care, a part or whole would be as if it’s brand new!
You can read more about some high-quality maintenance and care for fishing equipment here they deliver pro tips that you can use!
We’ll now cover more in-depth information about the use of fishing reel grease for maintenance:
1. An Easy Yet Rewarding Task
Because of the nature of the use of your fishing rod and its parts, everything is prone to picking up lots of dust and moisture, and this alone can hasten the decay process of corrosion and oxidation. I for one always give a thorough cleaning every after a trip!
For a nice thorough clean and lubrication before storage, try following these easy steps:
- Make sure you have a well-lighted, spacious room away from pets or children to do the cleaning and maintenance.
- Have everything ready to use: Proper cleaning solution, (recommended from the store) Fine toothed brushes, some swabs for those hard to reach areas, towels, and lubricants (grease and oil)
- Check your fishing rod and gently wipe down any dust or debris you can initially remove.
- Disassemble the parts of the reel carefully, making sure nothing gets misplaced or mishandled.
- You can now clean each part separately; personally, I use cleaning solutions, but I also once used detergent and hosed it down with water, and it still did the job.
- Soak or spray the parts and make sure to give a gentle but thorough scrub and wipe dry afterward making sure every part is free from dust and moisture.
- Once clean, you can now apply the oil and grease to the gears – as with all reels, this should be done as infrequently as possible as lubricants can also gather particles that harm the parts when used too much.
- Apply one to two drops of oil on every moving joint and part excluding the gears. You’ll need your good grease for those gears. Make sure you coat them well but thinly taking caution not to apply too much.
- Lubricants are advised to be used only once or twice every month.
A safe, inexpensive, and well-packaged maintenance grease for starters:
Ardent Reel Butter Grease:
Easy to grease a reel
PENN Reel Grease:
If you want the bestselling grease for fishing reels:
2. A Part That Demands Care And Attention
The reel may be one of the most important working parts of your gear. Without it, your new fishing rod is as good as a giant metal toothpick.
This essential component, the one that reels in the fish and connects your line to your rod must be in excellent working condition as a requisite for a successful fishing trip.
It’s important to have less friction between parts when operating your reel. And to make sure it spins smoothly and in place, you’ll need the proper lubrication.
A good combination of oil and grease in all the right parts will help ensure a nice, clean spin.
Not only does it help with performance, but it also protects your reel from rust and corrosion! Regular application can do wonders. And by normal, it doesn’t even need to be a daily thing!
How do you keep your fishing reel working and spinning smoothly? Do you also use the same lubricants to maintain your gear?
If you have anything to share with us, don’t hesitate to put them in the comments below! You can also check out the latest in fishing gear care products online!